When to register for VAT?

Lorette Terry
 September 15, 2017
Comments (0)

It is mandatory for any business to register for VAT if the income earned in any consecutive twelve-month period exceeded or is likely to exceed R1 million?.

Any business may choose to register voluntarily if the income earned, in the past twelve-month period, exceeded R50 000.
ID DOCUMENT/S or PASSPORT/S (only for non-South Africans)
We need a Certified Copy of the Company's Directors' ID or Passport. To avoid any delays, please note:

Clear and Color:  Please make sure your ID copies are CLEAR and COLOR copies to avoid any delays.  Faces MUST be clearly visible.
Over 18:  All Directors must be 18 years or older.
All Directors:  If there are more than one Director we require an ID for each Director.
SMART CARD ID's:  These ID's must be copied both sides on one page.

  • SA Citizens:  Must provide an ID Document Copy only.
  • Foreigners:  Must provide a Passport Copy only.

Leave a comment

Keep me updated?

Comments are moderated.
Be the first person to comment.

Quick Navigation


Lorette Terry

Latest Blogs

What is Beneficial Ownership? Mandatory declaration of beneficial ownership To Incorporate...or not Delay in certain services Close Corporations | Owner Private Company Registration The Non-Profit Company Trusts Private Company vs Close Corporation How do I register a company?


+27 84 548 0739

OK / Close